Thursday, July 1, 2010

India and New Hair

So first night in India went smoothly. We arrived at the airport at 11:10ish to hoards of people. Made it through security smoothly. Retreived our bags and walked outside only to be met by people sleeping in the airport gardens, cars that had no regard for lanes, and people who seemed to know a dance through the waiting area that we didn't know.

Our bags were thrown on the roof of a van and we were off on our first drive through Delhi. Dad, I now understand what you meant when you said people draw no connection between risky behavior in driving and a need to protect life. It seems on Indian roads that everyones motivation is to throw off the others on the road in an attempt to be the first to where you are going. I've felt like I've been in places where people struggle with road law but never quite like this before.

Anyway, night one went well. Laura and I are roommates which makes for freshman year fun all over again. The heat is much more intense than anticipated. But the heat and humidity makes for a brand new hair style. Afro hair.

Also, I may have an early victory against jetlag. I choose the completely deprive myself of sleep for 36 hours option. This made flights boring (thank goodness for the mix that James made me) but on the up side I fell asleep last night at 1:30 AM and slept until 7:30. I now feel wide awake and raring to go.

No comments: